Saturday, November 14, 2015

Unboxing: Betrayal at Calth box sets.

Hi guys, Well then I've been down to my local Games Workshop today to pick up the new GW Horus Heresy game Betrayal at Calth ...well two boxes actually.


I'm really chuffed with these sets, The plastics like you would expect from GW are excellent with no chapter iconography but still highly detailed.

I think GW has played a blinder with this product, The game which I've played a couple of times last week is pretty good on it's own without the fact that you get loads of miniatures which could and most probably will be used for 30k or 40k.



For most though these will be the left over products which I think is a shame because as I said the games quite good, The Rule book has good background information and six game scenarios you also get four game boards dice transfer sheet and a pack of cards plus markers etc all very high quality.

Incidentally this weeks White Dwarf has an extra game scenario so hopefully if people like this product and units move well and it continues to be supported by GW we might see more GW Horus Heresy plastics on the way.


Well after all that I've said this is the reason that most including me bought the game, Two boxes gives me.

10 Terminators, loads of different weapon options.
60 Tactical Marines, Including heavy weapons combi and special weapons.
2   Contemptor Dreadnoughts.
4   Character miniatures.

Not bad for £190 certainly alot cheaper than Forge World that's for sure, For me moving on I'm going to use 10 Tac's as Iron Havocs also 10 Terminators both for my Iron Warriors, The rest..... well I need another 10 Terminators so I'm already seeing about a possible trade to acquire them then whats left over will be made into a small Raven Guard insertion force ...well that's the plan right now but that could change.

No comments:

Post a Comment