Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Space Hulk Bases pt1.

  How to paint simple Sci Fi Deck Bases.....

Hi Guys I've had these Dark Art Miniatures sci fi deck bases for a while and now think its time to paint them as I have a little project in mind, more on that later, but for now I thought I would post a little Tutorial on how to paint these bases simply and effectively without taking any attention away from the models that will sit upon them.

The moulded bases themselves are for the most part of good quality, there were a few air holes which I filled with green stuff and a piece of the small cable on the larger base had come away, again this was easy to rectify, so all in all I was happy with them.

I will only be using a few colours and a couple of washes to achieve this effect and the main technique used is drybrushing so I think it would be easy to replicate these bases if you so wished.

First of all I undercoated with grey auto primer from Halfords, Im using this as my basecoat.

I then washed the whole base with a generous amount Nuln Oil, when dry washed it again with Agrax Earthshade.

Again when dry I drybrushed the whole base in order with Skavenblight Dinge, Dawnstone and Administratum Grey paying particular attention to small raised detail and the rim with the Admin Grey.

I then gave the power cable a base coat of Averland Sunset.

I painted the base coated power cable with Flash Gitz Yellow and washed it with Earthshade, I also used Earthshade along the sides of the power cable and on various bits of detail such as around the bolt holes and along the deck plate gap.

I then applied a little extra drybrushing with Administratum Grey and painted the base rim with Vallejo model colour black, the rest of the colours are from Games Workshops range.

No comments:

Post a Comment